Library Policies and Expectations
- Flexible four book limit
- Due in one month
- Overdue fines are 5 cents/day
- Overdue Notices are sent to your 2nd period class.
- Magazines: Back issues of magazines available for use in the library. See posted titles.
- Reference Books: Overnight checkout.
- Copy Machine is available free of charge for school-related use.
Students are welcome in the library before school, after school, during lunch and during their free time, example Early Release. No pass is needed.
Students must have a pass to enter the library when they come in from class or Study Hall, unless they are with their entire class.
- Students should sign in when they come to the library without their class.
- Water bottles are allowed in the library, but no other beverages, food or candy. Please do not have the water bottles near the computer workstations.
- Students in the library with a scheduled class have first choice in computer and material use.
- Computer use guidelines are posted in the library. Please ask the Library Staff if you have any questions.
- Students should show respect for other students and the Library Staff. Rude behavior and/or discourteous, disruptive, or destructive actions will result in suspension of library privileges.
- The general expectation is that all activities in the libraries will be conducted in an appropriate manner to avoid disturbing other library users.
Library Procedures for Study Hall Students
1. One student’s name on each pass.
2. When you arrive in the library:
- Bring your pass to the counter.
- Use the time clock to record your time in on your pass.
- Write your name, class and time in on the Student Sign In Sheet.
- Leave your pass on the counter.
3. Do not sit with students from other classes.
4. Ask the library staff for permission to leave the library for the restroom or your locker. (If you leave the library without permission, you will lose library privileges.)
5. Check out 5 minutes before the class period ends. Use the time clock to record your time out and write your time out on the Student Sign In Sheet.