Illness and School Attendance
Information needed by the school:
• A phone call if your child is sick and staying home or has a contagious illness.
• Your phone number and at least 1 emergency contact number if you are unavailable.
• A current list of any health conditions your child may have now or has had in the past.
• We would like a note from your health care provider, for sickness lasting more than 3 days.
When to keep your child home:
• For a fever of 100F or greater within the last 24 hours.
• Bacterial infections, until they have been on an antibiotic for at least 24 hours.
• Frequent, hard coughing.
• Vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours.
• Generalized rashes over most of the body, until they have been diagnosed as noncontagious.
When your child can return to school:
• When your child's symptoms are gone.
• When you child's health care provider signs a release to return to school.
Children learn better when they feel well. Please help us keep the school safe and healthy by encouraging proper hand washing techniques and basic infection control, such as coughing and sneezing into elbow or tissue.