- The nurses will provide an educational handout to be sent home with all elementary students at the beginning of each school.
- The nurses will screen all elementary students when the students are being weighed and measured. Older students (PMS & PHS) will be screened at the request of the student/parent and the discretion of the nurse.
- The nurses will notify parents/guardians when lice are discovered and provide education for treatment options.
- The nurses will monitor the student for improvement.
- The nurses will give the teachers recommendations to prevent the spread of lice in the classroom.