Polson School District #23 has created a reopening plan for the start of the 2020-2021 school year with different operational phases for instruction. At this time, the district has made the decision to open in Phase II as outlined in the PSD#23 Operational Phases document. Onsite and Remote learning options will be offered for all students.
This plan is the work of the board of trustees, administrative team, employees, parents, students, state and local health officials, tribal education department and community members all collaborating to identify how instruction will be delivered to students; how gatherings and events will take place on school property if and when appropriate; how the health and safety of staff and students will be protected and preserved while schools are open; and how financial and operational functions of the school district will continue during this public health emergency. We have looked at survey data from community and staff, consulted our District COVID Response Team and created our hybrid plan based on input from all stakeholders.
Staggered Reopening Plan
A Hybrid Model will be used to start the 2020-2021 school year
- The Hybrid Model includes an A Day & B Day Schedule that will be used at all Polson School District #23 sites to allow for smaller class sizes as we transition back to school.
- A Day Schedule
- Students with the last name starting with A-K will attend In-Class Instruction primarily on Mondays and Tuesdays and will be learning remotely Wednesday - Friday.
- B Day Schedule
- Students with the last name starting with L-Z will attend In-Class Instruction primarily on Wednesday and Thursday and will be learning remotely Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
- Note: blended families that have students with different last names will work with the school district to determine the appropriate days for attendance
- Fridays will be utilized for staff to continue to support remote learning, to schedule targeted contact and intervention with students, to review current practices and procedures related to the transition back to school, and to collaborate with school personnel to continually respond to the needs of students
- The goal of Polson School District #23 is to use the Hybrid Model during the first month of school with the intent to return to full In-Class participation at the beginning of October.
- The Polson School District COVID Response Team will review the effectiveness of the Hybrid Model and work with our local Health Department to determine the appropriate time to return to full In-class participation.
- There is a link to the calendar on this page.
Remote Learning Option
Polson School District #23 recommends and encourages participation of all students in the Staggered Reopening Hybrid Model that is outlined above. With that said our school district is committed to providing opportunities for those families who choose to have their students learn only remotely. If you are interested in pursuing this option please use the remote learning registration link on this page.
We are confident these and other proactive measures outlined in the plan will meet our shared goal of returning to student learning in the school. While it is not our intention to revert to instruction away from the schools, the School District understands that even with our best prevention efforts, it is possible that there may be an outbreak of this highly contagious virus in our community.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.